One reason for me to start the Lattereign newsletter, is I wanted to be productive. Even though it wasn’t working out for me to do some things in ministry, I knew that it wasn’t a time to complain about those goals or desires that I had, because the Lord’s timing is excellent and he would bring those things to pass, much later, after I had become a more mature christian.
When I made up my mind to live for the Lord, and to do my best at whatever the Lord had for me to do–I took it seriously. I wanted to do it all. The problem with doing it all, some things may not have your full attention, so it’s easy to fulfill the obligation without ever having the passion for it. It made the task more of a chore than a delight.
Working in some areas of ministry are not easy unless, your desires are lined up with God’s will and you recognize the importance of praying and fasting until you find out what God wants you to do.
Sadly, many people today go through the motions of serving the Lord, and while they are busy, busy, busy, they never see results, fruits from their efforts, because they are missing the one element that brings results, being in the center of God’s will.
It could be many factors that cause this to happen, but some of the top ones to consider are the following:
- No matter how diligent and dedicated you are to the task, if you keep sowing in the rocky soil, you will still obtain the same results. Maybe the Lord is directing you to change your field, but you insist that the one you are in is safe. You have hardened your heart, because of foolish pride, and worrying what others will think about your “failure” and this is sad.
- The Lord only called you to break up the fallow ground, because you are gifted in that area. Then, after you have spent months, breaking up the fallow ground, the Lord allows someone else to take over your freshly broken ground. A twinge of regret may build up in you as you wonder, “Doesn’t the Lord trust me enough to let me work this field that I spent months preparing?”
It’s not that the Lord doesn’t trust you, the point is he trusts you enough to give you even a greater challenge- a new unbroken field of ministry.
- It takes a tremendous amount of strength to do the specialized tasks you are called to do and not everyone is fully gifted to handle those things, that you should handle. So, today, I will choose to be of good cheer when he changes my direction.
- The Lord tests us to see if we are faithful in the small things. If he can’t trust us to handle small tasks, he definitely knows that we will not be ready to handle greater tasks. We are all called to walk in faith and believe.
- It could be that the Lord is watching for your soul. I don’t want to do anything that would be displeasing to the Lord, so if I can work through his timing, it is perfect. He causes us to wait on him to go before us and make a way to be successful. Without the waiting time, our appreciation of God’s blessings would be mediocre at best.