DAY 10: Breathing life into the dead
Thus says the Lord God to these bones: “Surely I will cause breath to enter into you, and you shall live.” -Ezekiel 37:5 …
In chapter 37 the prophet Ezekiel found himself in a large valley. When he looked around, the ground, as far as he could see, was covered with piles of human bones that were disjointed and dried in the sun. God asked Ezekiel if the bones could live. He wisely answered, “O Lord God, You know” (v. 3). In other words, Ezekiel had no clue how it could happen.
The situation must have looked utterly hopeless to the natural eye. But the Lord told him to prophesy to the bones. I believe this passage simply and beautifully illustrates the breath of God bringing life into dead, hopeless situations. Instead of a valley littered with disjointed, sun-bleached bones, it became alive with an army full of the breath of God that brings life out of death and hope out of hopelessness.
There are times when the python wraps hopelessness around your life to the point that you feel like you can’t take another breath. The same breath of God that brought Adam to life also brought Ezekiel’s dry bones to life, breathed the Holy Spirit onto the disciples in the upper room, and inspired every word of the Bible. God’s Word brings life to your spirit when you begin to partake of it; it’s like breathing in the breath of God.
Happy Tuesday. Let the breath of God Breathe on you today.,
- Father’s Day: (The Bike and the Man who Wouldn’t Let his Little Girl Quit)
- All Things Work Together for Good
- It is Well With My Soul
- Lord, Help us to Remember, and Never Forget
- If You Trust in the Lord you Will be More Than a Conqueror.
- Celebrating Mothers
- No Matter How Many Times We Fail God; God Never Fails Us.
- Revival is Here! What are you Waiting On? Praise the Lord!
- Submit to God; Resist the Devil and He will Flee.
- Is Seeking the Will of God Our Last Resort, or Our First Option?
- God Chose Me? Now, What Will I do About It?
- From Hopelessness to Eternal Life: What a Difference One Day Makes
- For God So Loved the World That He Gave….
- Random Thoughts: Practices, Promises, and Priorities