DAY 10: Breathing life into the dead
Thus says the Lord God to these bones: “Surely I will cause breath to enter into you, and you shall live.” -Ezekiel 37:5 …
In chapter 37 the prophet Ezekiel found himself in a large valley. When he looked around, the ground, as far as he could see, was covered with piles of human bones that were disjointed and dried in the sun. God asked Ezekiel if the bones could live. He wisely answered, “O Lord God, You know” (v. 3). In other words, Ezekiel had no clue how it could happen.
The situation must have looked utterly hopeless to the natural eye. But the Lord told him to prophesy to the bones. I believe this passage simply and beautifully illustrates the breath of God bringing life into dead, hopeless situations. Instead of a valley littered with disjointed, sun-bleached bones, it became alive with an army full of the breath of God that brings life out of death and hope out of hopelessness.
There are times when the python wraps hopelessness around your life to the point that you feel like you can’t take another breath. The same breath of God that brought Adam to life also brought Ezekiel’s dry bones to life, breathed the Holy Spirit onto the disciples in the upper room, and inspired every word of the Bible. God’s Word brings life to your spirit when you begin to partake of it; it’s like breathing in the breath of God.
Happy Tuesday. Let the breath of God Breathe on you today.,
- He Holds us in the Palm of His Hand
- Look up! Your Redemption Draweth Nigh.
- Lord, Light my Path as I Follow You.
- Freedom of Choice in America–I Choose Christ
- Put Your Trust in Jesus Christ who Always Causes us to Triumph
- Keep the Faith! This Too Shall Pass.
- About My Father’s Business
- Are you Struggling for Life? “I Give You Jesus”
- “Whatsoever things are true….Think on These Things.”
- Freedom of Choice
- Never Forget That God is Faithful
- The Church Will Stand
- On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand
- Nothing Will Separate me From God’s Love…