When I was eight, Daddy told me that one day I’d write a book about him, and be a teacher. I didn’t really pay much attention to his words of wisdom at the time, because he had a bottle of wine in his hand; but I never forgot those words, and over the years they sustained me as I found my way through the road called life.
Today, I want to remember Daddy for being a gentle, sensitive, man who did the best that he could, and always kept his word. Thank you, Daddy, for planting a seed of the written word in me.
Join 141 other subscribers
- Memorial Day 2023
- Today, is a Brand New Day!
- My Mother’s Purse
- Keep Waiting: His Promises are True!
- Friends Day: 2023
- Refined Through The Fire
- Creation Is To Praise Him!
- Their Rejection, His Resurrection, Our Redemption
- Hosanna to the King! Palm Sunday
- The Spirit of a Servant
- I Can Do ALL Things Through Christ
- To Save A Whole Life…Save A Child
- Prayer: Our First Option
- Forbid Them Not…
This is a sweet post and very appropriate with Father’s Day this month.